MediaDevice Broadcast Device Controller is a hardware & software platform that offers centralized control of all devices involved in the broadcast automation: A/V Routers, Master Control Switchers, Logo generators, CGs, GPI/GPO devices, ARCs, VTRs,etc.
As the core element of the automation system, MediaDevice manages all the functionalities from a high-performance server that hosts the real-time operating system, application software and device drivers.
MediaDevice chassis houses serial interface cards, network cards for communication and the timecode reference card, in a variety of configuration options.
Serial and IP-network connections are employed to provide high-speed communications with broadcast devices.
It is possible to set a fault-tolerance backup configuration installed in a separate server machine and running in stand-by mode (Active/Passive) and constantly updated.
• Centralized control over IP or via Serial connection of all devices involved in the broadcast automation system
• More than 200 different device drivers hosted as Audio/Video Routers, VTRs, Master Control Switchers, Logo generators, Graphic and Character generators, Aspect Ratio converters, Time-code generators
• Fault tolerance architecture: if the main server fails, the backup server automatically takes over the tasks handled by the main automation server. A manual switching option is available
• Time-code board and synchronization from the centralized device controller
• Automated management of main/backup switches in automation system