SI Media MediaStore Coder (File Based Transcoder) combines outstanding quality, intelligent automation, rich format support, exceptional performance and seamless scalability for transforming high volumes of media between acquisition, production, archive and distribution formats.
SI Media MediaStore Coder automates high-volume transcoding & delivery: video and audio are automatically converted between all the major SD and HD broadcast server, edit system, streaming server, web, mobile and handheld file formats. This high performance transcoder offers extensive format support, robustness, reliability, excellent output quality and scalability to meet Customer workgroup and enterprise volume needs.
For large transcoding tasks, multiple MediaStore Coder can be configured as a transcoding farm, under the control of MediaStore Manager.
These allow, for automated processing of high-volume transcoding tasks, managing job distribution, job prioritization, load balancing, FTP transfer, status monitoring, and job notification.
• Effective highspeed networked transcoding: video and audio are automatically converted between the largest array of acquisition, editing, broadcast, Web and mobile formats available.
• High-volume transcoding & delivery to any platform, including from/to any format and wrapper.
• Possibility to set up automatic transcode on an input or export folder, based on manual user intervention or virtual path configuration
• Real time task status from client interface
• Possibility during the export to automatically retrieve and attach metadata from database to be used after the publishing such as to youtube or web-sites
• Exceptional performance and seamless scalability: multi-threaded and multi-CPU platform.