SI Media Workflow Manager (Media Workflow Manager) is an application suite for the management of the media assets life cycle (creation, metadata retrieval, transfers across different levels of storage, deletion and delivery to final destinations as web, mobile and playout).
At any moment, following the rules defined into the integrated workflow manager, MAM can automatically move the assets throughout different level archives and automate any process, inside the MediaStore Manager workflow or independent. This rule-based automation frees operators from any manual activity.
This feature allows to create and design inside SI Media MAM platform independent processes and flows inside the same architecture. Thanks to this users can create customized workflows in addition to the rules defined in MediaStore Manager (to handle the general tasks as transfers, deletions, proxy generations, conversions..).
SI Media has integrated inside its platform Business Process Modeling Language (BPML). MAM can be controlled and configurable via BPML, so that processes produced in that environment can be executed by MAM engine, accordingly to the defined parameters and rules.
In order to optimize modulation and consultation of the diagrams, definition of the steps and customization of the language, SI Media uses http://bpmn.io/ based editor, integrated to SI Media code.
The advantages of this tool are huge. Nowadays media workflow require more and more flexibility and possibility to define specific processes independent from the standard ones, in order to manage alternative media flows and create dynamic environments.
All the processes can be monitored both from server and client interfaces, tasks are executed by MediaStore Service. From MediaStore Client user can view the status of each task of each step of the process (job), and, if required, validate that step of the workflow.
• Highly effective management console based on client-server architecture.
• Retrieving of main metadata of incoming assets
• Automated management for Hashing, Metadata and Filling
• Workflow management and integrated monitoring of the transfers among the different storage devices
• Complete and exhaustive user’s policy management
• Asset history status for each content and alert messages
• Real time status of disk usage and network communication
• Definition of customized rules for each archive defined per archive or per virtual path
• Possibility to check in real time the status of each task running, in cue or already run
• Integration with all SI Media applications and 3rd party applications
• Integration with all major IT vendors and Broadcast Brands